Statement of Intent

For My project, I have used My last Name to be my Artist as it goes with the song that I have chosen to use which is Summer by, Calvin Harris. With my last name being Holliday it fits perfectly with the theme of summer for the song and the style of music video. I am going on Holiday to Turkey and I am going to be using a Journal Narrative of the trip but in the first person to give the music video a personal touch. For my music video, I have a few ideas for transitions; The first idea is for the start of the video is shooting a video looking at the clouds and going towards the sun to represent the start of summer and to fit in with the start of the video which is called summer, the next idea is fro when a Bass drops and it is to jump it to the pool and then transition to the actors face in the sink and to do this with the actor jumping into the sea and ending up in the pool, my final idea is for the end of the video and it is to film a party to represent the end of the summer and the end of the video. I will also link the summer them to my website to give my artist a recognizable brand to consumers. For the logo, I was thinking of using a sun to represent my artist to tie in with the theme of summer. Summer is also very popular in dance culture which helps my artist to fit in. With my website and my CD cover, I was thinking of giving it another personal touch by taking pictures while I'm in turkey in an open place with a lone person in the shot. The shot will more than likely be an aerial shot so it feels like the audience is watching them. My target audience would be the younger generation (16-25) as it goes with the conventions of the Dance genre. Dance is all about having fun and forgetting your worries and younger audiences want to get away from their lives and dance is a good way to do it. My media industry that will be supporting my artist is Universal Music and my artist will fit in with their collection of artists because they all have a target audience of 16-30 which fits in with my artists demographic. I want my artist to be represented by summer. This is because of my artist's name and the name of the song I am going to be using (Summer). This will also influence the way I present my website as I will do the theme of summer so I could use Palm trees and the sun as they are typical things of summer.

Comments

Popular Posts